: Taking Care of Your Paint
- Ceramic and Graphene Coatings
- Water spots are a problem with Ceramic Coatings. Just over two years ago they started adding graphene oxide to the ceramic coating to get the water spotting under control and they made Graphene Coating.
- After you put a Ceramic or Graphene coating on your car you have to level the coating after it flashes. How long it takes to flash will depend on the temperature. When the coating flashes it may have a rainbow look to it. As the rainbow starts to go away, that is when you have to level the coating. Some brands have the rainbow look, some others turn white like was and some look like beads of water.
- The coatings that come in the small glass bottles can be hard to work with. If you level the coating too soon you will remove the coating and not just smooth it out. If you wait too long to level the coating and it has already hardened, it won’t level out, leaving high spots.
- If you do use a ceramic or graphene coating that comes in a small glass bottle, the towel will have glass in it. And you will scratch your paint even after you wash the towels. You can keep the towels for cleaning the engine and wheels.
- I would not use a ceramic coating because of the water spot problem with it.
- I used the 303 GrapheneNano spray coating on Evie’s car. It was easy to work with. An 18-ounce bottle only cost $18.00. After Evie drove on a long road trip, I washed her car and used 303 GrapheneNano spray on the car. You spray it on an applicator pad and use a cross hatch pattern. The 303 Graphene detailer you spray on a microfiber towel to put on the car. I looked at a lot of brands, if I didn’t use the 303 brand, I would use Adam’s in the spray bottle. The bottle with the white label is a 12 ounce for $33.00 and for 12 months of protection. The gold label they call “Advanced” will last for up to 18 months of protection. It cost $43.00 for a 12-ounce bottle.
- Phil also mentioned that the U-Tube video showed the white label Adams on one side and the $18 bottle of 303 on the other side the they were just the same.